DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH EXCELLENT BENEFITS!
Do you have a love for the outdoors and desire to travel the Western United States? Our client, a leader in the aggregate industry for over 4 generations in Lane County, has grown over the years with their rock drilling and blasting work extending to Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Montana, Colorado and California. The business is still owned and operated locally with a focus on their people! Projects have ranged from traditional hard rock drilling and blasting in rock quarries and gold mines, dam demolition, portable rock crushing, utility line blasting, communication tower drilling, solar pile foundation drilling, and wind farm foundation blasting.
We are seeking blaster helpers to join the team. This is an entry level laborer position that opens up training opportunities for equipment operator and blaster in charge positions within the company. Excellent opportunities for growth and a long term career in this exciting industry!
- $14-$17/hr regular wage, $21-$31.50/hr overtime
- $12/hr travel time wage, $18/hr travel overtime
- Unlimited overtime when work is available
- Full benefit package
- Minimum age 18
- Valid drivers license with a driving record that includes no more than 3 moving violations and/or chargeable accidents in the last 3 years and no DUIIs.
- Travel is a required part of this position. We provide transportation from company headquarters in Springfield.
- Our client submits candidates to a background check through the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to screen felony records as appropriate in compliance with federal government restrictions.
- A pre-employment drug test and physical will be administered. For safety reasons, our client has a zero tolerance drug policy, including marijuana use.
- Assists Blaster(s) in Charge in placing and detonating explosives used to loosen earth and rock
- Carries explosive bags, cartridges, powder, stemming material and other supplies to blasting area and deposits in previously drilled holes as directed.
- Places, with shovel or by hand, earth, aggregate or drill cuttings (“stemming”) into holes after placement of charge and tamps earth to confine detonation.
- Connects explosive cord to blasting cap and lead wire to firing device.
- Fires charge on signal from Blaster in Charge.
- General job site clean-up.
- Fills in for Driller Helper position as needed
- Performs any or all other duties as necessary to satisfy job requirements.
- Health Insurance - We pay 100% of employee premiums
- Vision Insurance - We pay 100% of employee premiums
- Dental Insurance - We pay 25% of employee premiums
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)- Employees are given the option to contribute a portion of their earnings, pre-tax, into a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). They can use the funds contributed to their account to pay for qualified medical or dependent care expenses that are not covered by insurance.
- 401k - We match 100% of the first 3% of your salary that you contribute, and 50% of the amount that exceeds 3%, up to 5% of your annual earnings. In addition, our client may make a profit-sharing contribution to your account at the end of the plan year.
- Prevailing Wage Fringe to 401k - On prevailing wage jobs, 100% of fringe (after health insurance) is paid as pre-tax wages into the employee's 401k. "Fringe" is the difference between the employee's regular wage and the total State/Federal Base+Fringe amount.
- Paid Time Off - We offer 40 hours of annual paid time off (PTO) that is available for use after 90 days of employment. For every full year of service, employees' PTO accrual increases by 8 hours.
- Unlimited overtime if work is available. "Shop days" are available for non-blast days where Blast Helpers can help grind drill bits, sweep shop floors, and assist with equipment maintenance.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume or call 541.221.9903.