At Quantum Recruiters, we focus intently on providing quality employees to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are partnering with a leading Oregon employer to fill the HR Specialist role. Our client offers a collaborative and rewarding environment with opportunities for advancement.
This is a direct hire opportunity!
SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
- The Human Resources Specialist position handles and provides support for various employee programs within the organization. The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the General Counsel and other members of the Legal and HR team.
- This position primarily focuses on carrying out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment/employment, candidate screening, on-boarding, and supporting employees with their hiring needs.
- This position also supports the HR Generalist, including, but not limited to, in the following functional areas: benefits administration, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
Provide outstanding support of the hiring, recruiting and on-boarding needs of hiring managers. Consistently and concisely communicate with hiring managers, third party recruiters/staffing agencies, and job applicants/candidates with clarity, empathy, kindness and promptness, regarding recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding matters.
- Management of HR processes and employee relationships.
- Assist HR Generalist in ensuring compliance with state and federal employment law, specifically regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, forms management, family leave, disability, investigations, and benefits regulations.
- Increase efficiency of internal Company operations regarding recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, documentation and organization.
- Maintain ongoing list of approved positions for recruiting/hiring purposes, along with assigned salary grade ranges.
- Prepare on-boarding and new-hire paperwork.
- Assist in hiring process by coordinating job posting on the website, reviewing resumes,working with third party recruiters, performing telephone and in person interviews and performing reference checks as required.
- Create and update employee position descriptions.
- Draft and send offer letters.
- Communicate with new hire candidates in preparation of commencing employment.
- Maintain and continually improve applicant tracking system.
- In conjunction with the HR Generalist, conduct new hire orientations.
- Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements, including maintaining files in the third party payroll/human capital management system and on internal network.
- Keep employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in a timely manner through payroll/human capital management system and other internal tracking platforms.
- Maintain organizational charts and employee directory.
- Assist with employee relations counseling.
- Assist with employee inquiries regarding the Employee Handbook and related policies.
- A Bachelor's degree and two to three years of HR experience, or an associate’s degree and three to five years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and/or experience.
- SHRM Certified Professional preferred.
- Strong Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills.
- Impeccable Attention to Detail.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision .
- Capacity to work in a fast paced environment where things change quickly.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs, including Excel and/or Google Spreadsheets.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.