Commensurate with Experience Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with Oregon’s premier independent insurance company to fill the Accounting Specialist role.
As the Accounting Specialist you will be an integral part of the Accounting team performing a variety of clerical accounting and bookkeeping duties that require a working knowledge of accounting functions with accuracy and attention to detail including but not limited to, full cycle payroll and accounts payable. Provide prompt, accurate, courteous service to customers, vendors, account managers, sales executives and other personnel. In addition, perform a variety of administrative services and support tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following functions are to be performed in accordance with the business policies and procedures and with the highest degree of ethical standards and confidentiality.
- Payroll – Complete responsibility for accuracy and all aspects of payroll including but not limited to:
- Monthly payroll with mid-month draws
- Quarterlies, general ledger entries, employee deductions, W-2’s, etc.
- Accounts Payable – complete responsibility for all disbursements and classifications of disbursements related to operations account
- Accounts Receivable – complete responsibility for all receipts and classification of receipts for the operations account
- Premium Financing
- Work with our Financing partners to prepare computerized quotes and contracts.
- Follow up with Sales Executives and Account Manager’s on receipt of down payments, signed contracts and late payments.
- Inventory – Upkeep of furniture & equipment and personal property schedules in Excel; balancing to General Ledger and physical tagging of new acquisitions.
- Ability to back up Accounting Manager’s position.
- Perform special projects as requested.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years’ experience or Associates in Accounting is required. Prefer a minimum of five years of related experience or Bachelors in Accounting.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common documents. Ability to write professional letters.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as percentages, adding, subtracting, multiplying and division. Ability to apply mathematical operations to required tasks.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to accurately enter data
- Ability to accurately operate 10 key by touch
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with limited supervision or within a group or team
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Positive attitude
Please submit resume for immediate consideration. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.
Quantum Recruiters is committed to Affirmative Action and values diversity in its workforce.