Accounts Payable Specialist
Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are partnering with a well established, locally owned business to fill the Accounts Payable Specialist role. This is a direct hire opportunity offering a excellent benefits and opportunities for growth.
Job Summary: Responsible for all phases of obtaining credit and processing payments to vendors in a timely and accurate manner. Provide financial and administrative assistance to other team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Posts a high volume of accounts payable activity and reconciles supplier accounts for four entities.
- Manages vendor relationships, monitors vendor accounts, researches and investigates discrepancies.
- Resolves any issues with invoices and PO’s timely.
- Verifies proper account coding and authorization of payment as well as supporting documents.
- Prepares weekly check runs, and processes electronic and check payments for both domestic and international vendors
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Builds trust and respect through dependability, organization and follow through.
- Communicates in a professional and constructive manner. Responds and follows through on emails and other communication in a timely manner.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality around sensitive information.
- Issuing 1099’s to vendors
- Maintains invoices and PO’s electronically
- Other aspects of A/P as required.
Required Competencies and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years’ of high volume accounts payable experience, preference given to candidates with a degree in accounting or related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products including excel, word and outlook
- Strong analytical, organizational skills, and detail oriented
- Experience with Sage 100 ERP a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for innovation and continuous improvement and evolution
- Ability to follow general instructions and work with discretion as to work details.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships as well as effectively problem-solve.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.