Accounts Payable Team Leader
270 Oakway Center Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. For over 80 years, our client has built a reputation based on taking great care of people by delivering health plans to individuals and businesses throughout the Northwest. We are currently recruiting to fill an immediate need for a talented Accounts Payable Team Leader to join their team. Our client offers an ‘employee-centric’ work environment, incredible benefits package and opportunities for advancement. This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity!
Oversee the accounts payable team and processes for the organization. Lead process improvement for invoice processing for multiple companies in a high volume, fast-paced environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. Responsible for process improvements, training, and documentation related to accounts payable processing.
- Oversee and manage accounts payable functions, including verifying and ensuring the accuracy of accounts payable posting entries and manual checks.
- Responsible for process improvement and working with other departments to improve interdepartmental processes. Utilize lean methodologies for continuous improvement.
- Utilize visual boards and daily huddles to monitor key performance indicators and identify improvement opportunities.
- Assist team members and other departments with general ledger coding questions and corrections for accounts payable.
- Understand the importance of vendor setup using completed W9’s and the proper classification of transactions throughout the year. Assist team members with questions and education, as needed.
- Participate in leadership programs and Finance department leadership.
- Prepare month end closing journal entries and reconciliations for accounts payable related accounts.
- Develop training plan and document the workflow for accounts payable processing.
- Assist with administration of corporate credit card program according to company policy.
- Responsible for coordination and timely submission of annual 1099 filings. Must have clear understanding of Form 1099 annual reporting requirements. Respond timely to all related inquiries.
- Coordinate business activities by maintaining collaborative partnerships with key departments.
- Responsible for hiring, staff development, coaching, performance reviews, corrective actions, and termination of employees. Provide feedback, including regular one-on-ones and performance evaluations, for direct reports.
- At least five years of prior supervisory experience performing similar duties required.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required. High school degree or equivalent required.
- A comprehensive understanding of accounting and business practices. Systems analysis and documentation skills. Excellent computer and communication skills.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, please submit resume. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.
Quantum Recruiters is committed to Affirmative Action and values diversity in its workforce