City of Eugene - Parks and Open Space Seasonal Maintenance Crew
Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with the City of Eugene to fill opportunities in the Parks and Open Space Division.
The Parks and Open Space Division provides our community with access to parks and natural areas for recreational opportunities. The Park Operations Team is responsible for maintaining park lands in the City of Eugene that are safe, clean and green. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who have experience working outside and providing exceptional service to our community. Individuals may have skilled experience in parks and open space work. Wage will reflect an individual's experience and skill level.
Park Operations is seeking to hire 5-7 skilled individuals to join our team. Seeking individuals who can work independently, have ability to make decisions and use good judgment, ability to operate advanced and/or heavy park maintenance equipment, are safety conscious, ability to provide excellent customer service and directly answer park patron questions with detailed information. Our team performs routine maintenance activities of parks, park buildings, public restrooms, landscape and trees, minor carpentry, painting, irrigation and horticulture, hiking and jogging trail maintenance, green infrastructure maintenance and addressing illicit activities in park.
If you're interested in becoming a seasonal employee working in the outdoors, caring and maintaining parks infrastructure and assets, please contact Quantum Recruiters.
Must be at least 18 years of age and pass a physical exam, including a drug screen.
Examples of Duties Performed - Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs manual tasks in the maintenance, sanitation, and/or repair of City streets, sewers, grounds, buildings, structures and equipment.
- Assist in performing minor carpentry, maintenance activities involving asphalt, crack sealing and concrete repair or preventive work, painting, and other related tasks.
- May assist in leaf collection program.
- May operate non-CDL vehicles and other light equipment; uses chainsaws, power and hand tools.
- May perform custodial duties, such as sweeping, cleaning and sanitizing restrooms, litter pick-up, emptying trash cans, and other related manual tasks.
- May assist in cleaning illegal campsites and graffiti removal.
- May assist in watering, mulching, staking, and pruning trees.
- May perform grounds-keeping duties that includes the operation of landscape, turf, and irrigation tools and equipment.
- May assist with a variety of task in natural areas, including ridgeline, waterway, or wetland maintenance and restoration work, trail work, and the removal of invasive vegetation.
- May erect street and traffic signs; may maintain and paint pavement legends.
- May assist in maintenance and construction of traffic signals and street lighting.
- May handle sewage equipment and clean tankage that contains sewage.
- May place signs, cones, high-level warnings, and/or barricades for safe control of traffic. (Traffic Control Flagger Certification may be required)
- May lay tile or pipe; may place and set manholes or standpipe.
- May perform easement work during maintenance of sanitary sewers.
- May perform smoke testing of sanitary sewers.
- Maintains daily work records.
- May work in confined spaces.
- May assist in the performance of carpentry, plumbing, and painting.
- May operate and maintain hand tools, power equipment, and other light equipment.
- May assist in maintaining tools and minor equipment.
- May perform customer service in providing information to the public.
- Supports and respects diversity in the workplace.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Experience in general maintenance and/or parks maintenance.
- Must be 18 years of age and hold a valid driver's license. Must pass driving records check and, if hired, maintain a driving record that meets the City's standard.
- Valid ODOT Traffic Control Flagger card desirable for some positions.
- All positions are subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical that includes a drug screen.
Please submit a current resume; or contact Quantum Recruiters at 541-683-1757, for immediate consideration.