City of Eugene - Seasonal General Labor
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with the City of Eugene to fill seasonal general labor positions.
Depending on assignment, qualified candidates may perform a variety of routine, manual, custodial, or servicing tasks; operate non-CDL vehicles and light construction or maintenance equipment. Perform tasks in maintenance of parks, park buildings, public restrooms, landscape and trees, minor carpentry and painting, irrigation and horticulture, maintenance of City streets, sidewalks, storm sewers, sanitary sewers, traffic, and wastewater treatment plant. Selected candidates will also engage with members of the public providing quality customer service.
Positions are 40 hours per week positions that last between 2 to 6 months in duration up to 1039 hours worked in a calendar year. Days and hours vary depending on assignment.
Valid driver's license, or ability to obtain by date of hire; must pass driving records check and if hired, maintain a driving record that meets the City's standard. Must also pass a physical exam including drug screen. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Performs manual tasks in the maintenance, sanitation, and/or repair of City streets, sewers, grounds, buildings, structures and equipment.
- May assist in performing minor carpentry, maintenance activities involving asphalt,
crack sealing and concrete repair or preventive work, painting, and other related tasks.
- May assist in leaf collection program.
- May operate non-CDL vehicles and other light equipment; uses chainsaws, power and hand tools.
- May perform custodial duties, such as sweeping, cleaning and sanitizing restrooms, litter pick-up, emptying trash cans, and other related manual tasks.
- May assist in cleaning illegal campsites and graffiti removal.
- May assist in watering, mulching, staking, and pruning trees.
- May perform grounds-keeping duties that includes the operation of landscape, turf, and irrigation tools and equipment.
- May assist with a variety of task in natural areas, including ridgeline, waterway, or wetland maintenance and restoration work, trail work, and the removal of invasive vegetation.
- May erect street and traffic signs; may maintain and paint pavement legends.
- May assist in maintenance and construction of traffic signals and street lighting.
- May handle sewage equipment and clean tankage that contains sewage.
- May place signs, cones, high-level warnings, and/or barricades for safe control of traffic. (Traffic Control Flagger Certification may be required)
- May lay tile or pipe; may place and set manholes or standpipe.
- May perform easement work during maintenance of sanitary sewers.
- May perform smoke testing of sanitary sewers.
- Maintains daily work records.
- May work in confined spaces.
- May assist in the performance of carpentry, plumbing, and painting.
- May operate and maintain hand tools, power equipment, and other light equipment.
- May assist in maintaining tools and minor equipment.
- May perform customer service in providing information to the public.
- Supports and respects diversity in the workplace.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Some experience in general maintenance and/or parks maintenance desirable.
- Must be 18 years of age and hold a valid driver's license. Must pass driving records check and, if hired, maintain a driving record that meets the City's standard.
- Valid ODOT Traffic Control Flagger card desirable for some positions.
- All positions are subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical that includes a drug screen.
Please submit current resume; or contact Quantum Recruiters at 541-683-1757, for immediate consideration.