City of Eugene - Trail Maintenance Team
Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with the City of Eugene to fill Public Works Trail Maintenance positions.
As part of the Trail Maintenance team, you may perform a variety of manual tasks; operate non-CDL vehicles and light construction or maintenance equipment while maintaining natural surface trails. You may also engage with members of the public providing quality customer service.
Positions are 40 hours per week, 7am-3:30pm, Monday through Friday and will last 3-4 months.
Valid driver's license, or ability to obtain by date of hire; must pass driving records check and if hired, maintain a driving record that meets the City's standard. Must also pass a physical exam including drug screen. For positions that may require driving, must be at least 18 years of age.
- Repairs natural surface trail features
- May assist in performing minor carpentry, maintenance activities.
- Operates non-CDL vehicles and other light equipment; uses chainsaws, power and hand tools.
- May perform custodial duties, such as sweeping, cleaning, litter pick-up, emptying trash cans, and other related manual tasks.
- May assist in cleaning illegal campsites and graffiti removal.
- May assist in watering, mulching, staking, and pruning trees.
- May assist with a variety of task in natural areas, including ridgeline, waterway, or wetland maintenance and restoration work, and the removal of invasive vegetation.
- May place signs, cones, high-level warnings, and/or barricades for safe control of traffic. (Traffic Control Flagger Certification may be required)
- Maintains daily work records.
- May assist in the performance of carpentry, and painting.
- May operate and maintain hand tools, power equipment, and other light equipment.
- May assist in maintaining tools and minor equipment.
- May perform customer service in providing information to the public.
- Supports and respects diversity in the workplace.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Experience in construction and maintenance of trail features, an understanding of and experience with trail terminology and specialized trail equipment is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age and hold a valid driver's license. Must pass driving records check and, if hired, maintain a driving record that meets the City's standard.
- Valid ODOT Traffic Control Flagger card desirable for some positions.
- All positions are subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical that includes a drug screen.
For immediate consideration, apply NOW or call 541.683.1757 to schedule an appointment. Quantum Recruiters is open 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday, with after-hours and weekend appointments available for your convenience.
Quantum Recruiters is committed to Affirmative Action and values diversity in its workforce.