Director of Distribution & Logistics
Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are currently recruiting to fill a Director of Distribution and Logistics role in Eugene, Oregon. Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with professional development and advancement opportunities.
Job Summary: The Director of Distribution and Logistics is responsible for the company-wide strategy development and execution of those strategies both at the local and regional levels in the following operational areas: warehouse operations, physical inventory management and distribution, product storage, order fulfillment, and transportation, fleet management and logistics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day operations within distribution logistics & transportation to ensure financial and service metrics are achieved
- Develop, lead, coach, train and motivate warehouse, transportation and logistics team members
- Works as a team with sales, customer service and finance to create logistics solutions that meet company service objectives and contributes to overall growth in revenue and profitability
- Establishes and manages distribution logistics and warehouse operations KPI’s
- Evaluate alternative solutions to logistic issues that will drive improvement across the business operations
- Develop storage and distribution models that include factors such as warehouse locations, customer locations, or available transportation modes to maximize operational efficiency or sustainability
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs;
- Continually improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
- Responsible for the overall health and safety requirements and building a safety focused culture for distribution operations.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives in safety, delivery, quality and cost
- Maintain and optimize fleet and related equipment
- BS in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 5+ years of progressive distribution / logistics experience and leadership success in a high volume, fast paced environment
- A leader who has hands-on skills that can mentor and develop other employees and seeks to continue their own learning
- Possess a level of curiosity to understand the improvements required within logistics and takes initiative to drive change
- Strong computer and analytical skills and the ability to develop reporting and metrics to ensure goals are achieved
- Partner with internal and external entities to identify opportunities to reduce cost, drive speed and accuracy and eliminate waste
- Prior experience working with DOT, OSHA, and Hazmat regulations
- ISO 9001 experience preferred
- SAGE experience preferred
Core Competencies Needed
- Strong business acumen for effectively managing costs and revenues
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership development, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Ensures Accountability
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Drives Vision & Purpose
- Situational Adaptability
For immediate consideration, please submit resume. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.