Document Control Technician
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. Serving the Western United States for nearly four decades, our client has developed a strong reputation building structures, heavy processing equipment and material handling systems. We are currently seeking a full time, Document Review – Production Support staff member to join the team. Our client offers an innovative work environment, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement.
This is a direct hire opportunity!
Review and interpretation of shop drawings to verify all needed information is available for production to build the product. Assist the Production Scheduler as needed with package release. Support Production by ensuring drawings are complete and provide necessary details to the fabricator, and production packages are released in accordance with the production schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Check all shop fabrication drawings, shop details and bill of materials to ensure the information needed by Production is on the drawings and clear.
- Return markups to Detailing and to PM’s for revision/correction.
- Markup drawings as needed for secondary processors to meet the production schedule. Communicate with processors as needed, keep PM’s and production informed with any issues. (IE painters, galvanizers)
- Document trends on performance by steel detailers.
- Work as a continuous improvement agent for drawing review process, and quality of drawings being sent to Production.
- Release work to Production as directed by the Production Scheduler.
- Review package for critical fabrication concerns, note on the punch list for shop foremen and note as special instructions on the punch list
- Coordinate with the programmer to ensure that all nests, beam line cut lists, and pipe programming are complete before work instructions are created
- Ensure all documents needed to process are complete and accurate
- Create tag lists if needed and print for production
- Prepare drawings, cut lists, tags for release to shop
- Experience with computer drafting equipment and software
- Excellent professional references
- 2-3 Years of verifiable experience in drawing review and fabrication
- Ability to take and pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office Products, Bluebeam
- Good math and geometry skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Can read and interpret drawings.
- Can follow and create processes.
- Ability to meet deadlines on a regular basis while maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Adaptable to different environments.
- Functions effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knows how to make professional phone, emails, and in-person presentations.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent knowledge of technical specifications.
- Ability to solve problems timely and effectively.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit resume for immediate consideration. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.