Electrical Controls Engineering Manager
$75k-$95k/year Corvallis, OR 97333
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We have partnered with a local manufacturer specializing in the design, engineering, manufacturing, installation supervision and start-up of custom industrial machinery and control systems for a wide variety of wood product manufacturers to fill the Electrical Controls Engineering Manager.
This hands-on leader ensures the controls engineering team is staffed appropriately with the right skills to excel at the challenging automation solutions that we provide for our customers. The controls engineering team designs and specifies control, motion, and electrical systems to meet customer expectations for cost, quality, and delivery. This requires ordering of electrical and motion control components and supplies, creation of electrical schematics, and development and debugging of PLC programs. In addition, the controls team works in a collaborative project team environment that requires flexibility in work and schedules.
Controls Engineering Manager Key Responsibilities
- Carries appropriate load of controls project work to keep engaged in the type of work that the controls team deals with.
- Schedules, monitors, and adjust controls resources to ensure that projects are completed on-time.
- Works seamlessly with other operational functional leaders (design, project management) to address operations challenges.
- Takes ownership of the controls process and continuously works to improve systems, methods, and processes.
- Assists the Manufacturing and Project Managers in manufacturing equipment solution concepts and budget estimates at the quote phase.
- Understand the corporate strategic direction and works to align the controls competencies now and in the future to ensure the controls team is poised to meet the controls challenges associated with the strategy.
- Develops outsourcing relationships and proactively obtains outsourced resources when necessitated by workload.
- Coach controls team members for performance, including conduction performance reviews and personnel improvement plans if required.
- Develops training plans for controls staff that aligns with our strategic direction.
Controls Engineering Manager Required Skills & Experience
- Associates or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and 5-7 years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing, building, and programming controls for automation equipment.
- Desire and ability to manage the controls workload and collaborate within a team environment.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Allen-Bradley platform.
- Proven experience with motion control systems, and periphery hardware such as load cells, vision systems, bar code readers, screw drive controllers, etc.
- Ability to program and debug large multi-station machines including implementation of safety PLC’s.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex projects and meet cost, quality and delivery expectations.
- Proven ability and desire to lead and mentor a group of controls engineers. This includes identifying and implementing training plans for individuals, developing and implementing plans to meet gaps in team capability based on strategic direction, and outsourcing as required
- Medical/ Dental/401K
- Great Working Environment
- Potential Relocation Available for the right candidate
For immediate consideration, please submit resume.