Electrical Engineering Manager
Commensurate with Experience Eugene, OR 97401
Quantum Recruiters focuses intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are currently seeking a motivated Electrical Engineering Manager to work within the electrical design and testing team. As the Electrical Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of electrical engineers who design, develop, and test all aspects of the electric vehicle. The ideal candidate will have proven leadership and management of teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Engineering responsibility throughout all stages: concept, requirements definition (iterative), prototype, architecture development, detailed circuitry design and simulation modeling, tooling, vendor selection (support to Supply Chain), design validation and optimization in Beta and RC phases, volume tooling and processes for Start of Production and production ramp-up. Life-cycle improvements and cost reductions as needed
- Vehicle Electrical architecture analyze, decide and design: location of any centralized controllers, decisions between centralized and distributed control, functional safety concept development and guiding team members in the implementation of the functional safety concept
- Manage the design, development, documentation, and testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications
- Electrical engineering design leadership responsibility for a wide variety of electrical components and wire harnesses in vehicles, both in production and in development
- Responsible for leading a group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget
- Manage Engineer team that sets up hardware validation tests, capture data and electronically organize results
- Prepares product or system layouts and detailed schematics/drawings as required
- Control/manage products from design (including quality & cost) scope to achieve defined targets through product development activity
- Create supporting documents for targeted design related activities/objectives and present to the customer and internal groups for successful results. Must possess good communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments
- Demonstrated experience with the use of computer-assisted engineering tools and general knowledge of test equipment
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Must be a strong leader, motivator, and decision-maker
- Must be well organized and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have an ability to work effectively with personnel at all levels
- Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage projects to successful and timely completion
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter capable of working both independently, as well as part of a team
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office or Google Applications software
- Must be willing to work more than 40 hours per week periodically to complete the job
- Understanding of complex electrical/ control systems within the supported product lines. Remote monitoring and autonomous vehicle experience is a plus
- Identify training needs of team members
- Strong understanding of the principles of electrical engineering.
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts from the customer to the engineering team and from the engineering team to the customer.
- Ability to translate customer requirements into engineering principles, make sure that requirements are reasonable, and then look for components and sub-systems that would implement the concept.
- The ability to understand what is readily available off-the-shelf and what needs to be designed from scratch.
- Strong understanding of engineering specifications of components.
- Strong ability to integrate various components from different vendors into a fully functional and coherent system
- Bachelor's Degree in electronics/electrical engineering and/or equivalent in experience.
- 10+ years related experience
- 5+ years management experience
CANDIDATE MUST BE
- A solution-focused thinker
- Well-versed in both written and spoken English
- Able to effectively use the Google software suite
- Attentive to detail
PREFERRED ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE
- Component, system, and product testing experience
- Adobe Software Suite
- ERP System (ODOO)
- Automotive experience
- Experience with design and testing, EV electrical systems architecture
- Experience with Python, digital and analog interfaces for PCs, test systems, etc.
- Familiarity with CANbus, RS232, RS485 a plus
Our client offers a rewarding and fun atmosphere full of passionate individuals that strive for excellence. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.
This is a direct hire opportunity offering incredible benefits and exciting projects!