Tangent, OR 97389
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. Serving the Western United States for nearly four decades, our client has developed a strong reputation building structures, heavy processing equipment and material handling systems. We are currently seeking an Estimating Assistant to join the team. Our client offers an innovative work environment, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement.
This is a direct hire opportunity!
The Estimating Assistant is the primary administrative support for the Sales and Estimating Department. The Estimating Assistant prints all drawings that are used in the estimating process and maintains the overall document system for the department. In addition, this role assists the team with proposal writing, sends Requests for Quotes to subcontractors and vendors, and helps with reporting and data collection.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and assist the Estimators:
- Download and print RFQ drawings, specifications and documents
- Set up bid files and all associated documents. Maintain organization of department folder structure
- Maintain a record of all transmittals, addenda, and any other correspondence during the bid process
- Send Requests for Quotation (RFQ) to outside vendors as directed by Estimators.
- Assist with project setup in the accounting system upon project award
- Complete projects related to components of estimates, as assigned
- Maintain bid tracking information in Excel, updating the Estimating team and Director regularly
- Receive inbound department calls regarding prospective projects. Direct to appropriate parties
- Assist with estimating system maintenance
- Assist with proposal and presentation formation
- Strong independent thinking, organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a collaborative team environment
Education and Experience
- Two years of progressive experience in a similar support role; construction or fabrication industry training or experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office Products
- Knowledge of both Word and Excel at a 7 of 10 level or better. (able to use graphs, pivot tables and formulas effectively)
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver profitable projects consistently
- Strong sense of urgency
- Professional demeanor in representing company at all times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously (multi-tasking)
- Desired, but not necessary (bonus skills):
- Programming skills such as database development, Visual Basic or other task automation skills.
- Understanding of construction process.
- Knowledge of .pdf mark-up tools such as Bluebeam or CAD experience.