Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with the University of Oregon to fill an Executive Assistant role in the Office of the Provost.
The Executive Assistant (EA) is responsible for effectively managing and scheduling three high-level executives’ time to ensure maintenance of extensive meeting and event schedules as well as the flexibility to pursue an active agenda of priorities, while maintaining the ability to react quickly to emerging issues.
The EA uses interpersonal communication skills, relationship-building, independent judgement, and a comprehensive knowledge of University culture, programs, personnel and constituency groups to effectively carry out the duties of the position.
Five years of professional work experience in a position that required project management, managing the needs of others (e.g., executive assistant support, campaign management, training/instruction), and dealing with multiple constituencies. Project management should entail developing and managing timelines and direct oversight of work-plans/initiatives. For example, this can include such things as broad management of an executive’s calendar or discrete initiatives.
- Ability to manage stressful situations with tact and diplomacy and to use sound judgement and discretion, particularly as it relates to handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior leaders including anticipating needs, accommodating different work styles, and proactively reaching out for assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, quickly adapt to changing circumstances, prioritize multiple tasks and work independently, while handling frequent interruptions and rapidly shifting priorities.
- Proven proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (or similar scheduling/calendar program).
- Commitment to, experience with, and ability to work effectively with people from a variety of diverse backgrounds and cultures in support of a welcoming and inclusive environment.
- Excellent writing, and verbal communication skills; attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
This position is open immediately and will last 3-6 months.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume.