Corvallis, OR 97333
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are have partnered with one of the Willamette Valley's premier manufacturers to fill the Logistics Foreman role. Our client offers a state of the art work environment, excellent benefits and a team of dedicated individuals committed to a job well done.
- Arrange freight & trucking to ensure on time delivery of product to customers.
- Coordinate deliveries with PM’s, production and customers.
- Create and maintain a high performance, continuous improvement, team atmosphere with shipping and material handling staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the master shipping schedule that includes all work that is in production.
- Maintain on time shipping performance.
- Supervise the shipping and material handling staff to ensure product is staged and ready for loading to meet ship dates.
- Maintain contact and communication with freight forwarders, vendors and customers to ensure loads are on time and the sites are ready to offload.
- Oversee the sending of load tracking lists to customers.
- Accurately complete BOL’s for all loads.
- Ensure all items on each load are QC scanned.
- Negotiate with vendors best rates for trucking.
- Monitor contract shipping estimates and actual cost for outbound loads in an effort to control freight costs.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to read and interpret packing slips, bills of lading, trucking schedules and freight invoices
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Professional demeanor in representing company at all times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to solve problems timely and effectively
Please submit resume for immediate consideration. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.