Lube Truck Technician
Springfield, OR 97477
Direct Hire Opportunity!
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing quality employees to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are actively seeking a Lube Truck Technician for a well-established, locally owned Springfield company. This position requires a CDL and driving a service truck to various job sites to perform lubrication, service, and preventive maintenance on heavy equipment. This position will also perform minor mechanical field repairs on equipment, report maintenance and repair records and monitoring of preventive maintenance schedules for equipment. Our client offers competitive compensation along with a rich benefits package!
- Drives a service truck to various locations and performs servicing of gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles and equipment, including fueling, lubrication, changing oil, changing air and oil filters, and checking and adding fluids, including windshield washer, transmission, cooling system, brakes, and differential.
- Performs maintenance on the service truck.
- Performs preventive maintenance per assigned schedules for heavy equipment and the service truck.
- Performs minor repairs on the service truck and assigned equipment including brake adjustments, leak repairs, and removal and installation of radiators and thermostats.
- Replaces hoses, fan belts, alternators, regulators, and batteries.
- Replaces heavy equipment components including blades and buckets.
- Installs fire extinguishers and safety equipment.
- Performs other duties as necessary determined by leadership team.
- One year of full time paid experience in performing servicing, preventative maintenance, vehicle and equipment inspection work, and minor mechanical repairs on automotive or diesel equipment or vehicles OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Performs a variety of servicing, lubrication, preventive maintenance inspections, and minor mechanical repairs on gasoline and diesel vehicles and equipment.
- Proficient with the use of general tools, equipment, and methods for servicing, preventive maintenance, vehicle and equipment inspection work, and minor mechanical repair work
- Knowledge of gasoline and diesel engine components and equipment including water pumps, complete brake systems, power steering pumps, starters, charging systems, drive lines, and suspension systems.
- Knowledge of standard lubricants and oils used in vehicle and equipment servicing work.
- Demonstrates safe and defensive driving practices.
- Minimum age 18
- Possession of a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) required.
- HAZMAT and tanker endorsements preferred.
- Driving record that includes no more than 3 moving violations in the last 5 years and no DUIIs.
- Employer will administer a pre-employment drug test and physical. For safety reasons, employer drug policy is zero tolerance, including marijuana use.
Please submit resume for immediate consideration. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.
Quantum Recruiters is committed to Affirmative Action and values diversity in its workforce.