Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with a progressive and innovative manufacturing facility to fill a Manufacturing Engineer position.
As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials. Most importantly, the manufacturing engineer will ensure that goods are manufactured in a manner that delivers a quality product for our client in a cost-efficient manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Performs research, design, and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment
- Works closely with QA and Mechanical team to improve assembly and fabrication processes maintaining the goal of a highly efficient factory
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing practices for all processes
- In-house development of workstations, manufacturing equipment, and fixtures to support production requirements
- Participate in early prototype product builds to characterize and develop both product and process critical parameters
- Support the Product Design Process by representing the manufacturing requirements for fabrication and assembly
- Development of new manufacturing processes
- Creation of detailed Manufacturing Instructions to support new processes and equipment
- Designs and develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency
- Learn and navigate the Enterprise Resource Planning System (ODOO)
- Other duties assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Must be a self-starter capable of working both independently as well as part of a team
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office or Google Applications software
- Must be willing to work more than 40 hours per week periodically to complete the job
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of manufacturing engineering leadership experience in a high volume manufacturing/production environment is required (vehicles/equipment preferred)
For immediate consideration, please submit resume. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.
Quantum Recruiters is committed to Affirmative Action and values diversity in its workforce.