Part Time Administrative Assistant
Commensurate with Experience Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with the City of Eugene to fill a part time, contract Administrative Assistant role in the Community Development department.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will perform a variety of skilled clerical duties involving administrative support activities, which require an understanding of specific departmental or program policies, procedures, and processes, and considerable customer service skills. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Schedules and sets-up appointments and meetings, reserves conference rooms and vehicles, and makes travel arrangements as instructed; provides logistical support to staff by monitoring staff location and calendars.
- Performs data entry into financial systems; routes invoices for payment approval; receives on Purchase Orders; picks-up checks from finance, as needed.
- Assists staff with travel & training reservations; accommodations for transportation, registration and hotel.
- Mailings for interdepartmental and external; coordinates materials for large mailings; prepares and distributes materials.
- Routing documents for signatures, council packets, and interdepartmental communications.
- Meeting preparations; attend meetings of various City boards, commissions, and other governmental agencies and records proceedings; scheduling and preparation; compiles materials, scheduling, room reservations; and compile meeting agendas.
- Drafts minutes of meetings from original records according to City standards; reviews drafts of minutes for accuracy and clarity prior to final processing.
- Enters and retrieves data from computer systems; maintains routine insurance spreadsheet.
- Document Control; Scan and maintain manual and electronic filing systems; researches files & records for information; Archive documents; Index, catalog, scan, & file program files.
- Operates a variety of office equipment including personal computer, photocopier, printers, microfilm equipment, typewriter, calculator, etc.
- Community Development event and public meeting assistance.
- Provides reception services for when staff are out of the office or as needed by telephone and in person; answers telephone calls, refers callers and visitors to appropriate departments and personnel; takes messages.
- Actively support and respect diversity in the workplace.
- Office practices, procedures and equipment; principles and practices of customer service and general office operations.
- Word processing, database and spreadsheet software.
- Basic bookkeeping practices.
- Communicate effectively with other employees and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
- Establish effective working relationships with coworkers and other employees.
- Understand and execute oral and written instructions, policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate filing and record keeping systems.
- Operate a variety of office equipment and standard personal computer software applications.
- Work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail to meet deadlines.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- 1 year of general office experience desirable
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Ability to obtain, and maintain, a valid Oregon State driver's license may be required for specific positions.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541.683.1757.