Commensurate with Experience Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. For over 80 years, our client has built a reputation based on taking great care of people by delivering health plans to individuals and businesses throughout the Northwest. We are currently recruiting to fill an immediate need for a talented Payroll Accountant to join their team. Our client offers an ‘employee-centric’ work environment, incredible benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
Primary duties include reviewing multi-state payroll on a bi-weekly basis for accuracy and compliance with policies. Reconciles all bi-weekly payroll deductions, including 401(k) activity. Prepare monthly journal entries and perform monthly account reconciliations for payroll related accounts. Prepare quarterly payroll filings for federal and multiple states. Must have knowledge of relevant state and federal laws. The ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner and interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization is critical.
- Review multi-state payroll on a bi-weekly basis for over 1,000 employees
- Reconcile and submit all payroll deductions.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations for payroll related accounts
- Calculate monthly internal commission payments due
- Backup payroll processing as needed
- Prepare quarterly payroll tax filings
- Work closely with HR to set up new departments, maintain Kronos time and attendance system and other reporting as necessary
- Assist with annual retirement plan and workers compensation audits
- Prepare annual Health/Disability/FSA 5500 filings and other reports as required
- Stay abreast of wage and hour regulations. Determine impact of new regulations and assist with incorporating new regulations into payroll policies, procedures and systems where appropriate
- Investigate payroll requirements in new states as the organization grows and make recommendations for how to comply with these regulations
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associates degree in Finance or related field. Certified Payroll Professional designation a plus
- At least three years of prior accounting experience performing similar duties
- One year of experience in multi-state payroll environment required
- Experience with system conversions a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting and business practices
- Systems analysis and documentation skills
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, please submit resume. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.