Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing quality employees to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are partnering with the leader in technology training to fill the Product Owner role. As a Product Owner, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment, collaborating with multiple teams to create the highest caliber learning content for IT professionals.
Scope & General Purpose of Job
- Work with the team to develop products that continually improve the learning experience for IT professionals.
- Develop and maintain a clear vision of the product, taking into account the learner (the end user, the customer, etc.) and all stakeholders.
- Understand both the engineering and business side of software tools, applications, and services that are mission critical to the success of our client’s initiatives.
Measures of Success
- Ensure rapid development time for new features and products as well as provide support for those features and products.
- Ensure our customers’ best interest is kept at the forefront of all decisions.
- This is a learning company; you will be expected to learn new things on the job and continuously improve your skills.
- Excel in a collaborative team environment.
- Work with marketing, product design, and other stakeholders to translate business requirements into user stories.
- Work with the team to ensure the vision for the product is understood.
- Maintain, refine, and prioritize the product backlog.
- Discern “must have” versus “nice to have” features and engage with stakeholders through the prioritization process.
- Ensure the design, usability, quality, and delivery of the product.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development life cycle.
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout all stages of the product life cycle.
- Act as the key decision maker on priorities and design decisions.
- Act as the ambassador for the product both internally and externally.
- Act as the primary technical contact for inquiries related to the product.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize user stories to focus on maximizing value.
Skills & Competencies Required
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where things change quickly.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and designs to non-developers.
- Strong understanding of the Agile Scrum framework.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively maintain and refine the product backlog.
- Ability to ensure clearly defined acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team to deliver great work with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Promote continuous improvement.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.