Quality Control Technician - Entry Level
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing quality employees to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are currently recruiting to fill a Quality Control Technician (entry level) role with a well established structural steel fabrication business. Our client offers an exceptional benefits package, premier work environment and opportunities for advancement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform accurate quality checks of all products and materials during production and prior to shipping
- Work with the Fitters, Welders, Processing, and QC personnel as a team to ensure product meets requirements
- Perform dimensional checks that may need be done in cold, heat or rain, both indoors and outdoors
- Work with shop personnel and to stop work on projects should QC issues be discovered. Work with shop management to resolve issues and ensure work is completed to exceed the quality requirements
- Technician will be required to use the computerized scan system for QC of parts
- Required to comply with procedural directions
- Review Drawings and Procedures as directed by the QC Supervisor
- Previous welding experience experienced preferred but not required – must have experience working in production environment where accuracy is of utmost importance
- Review of drawings and apply specifications and procedures
- Excellent attendance and stable work history
- Technician will be required to have and knowledge of metal fabrication measuring devices and tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels
- Computer skills to open and mark up drawings, read and modify spreadsheets, operate standard Microsoft programs
- Ability to understand and retain training on codes, specifications and interest in expanding code knowledge
For immediate consideration, please submit resume. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.