Quality Control Technician
Tangent, OR 97389
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. Serving the Western United States for nearly four decades, our client has developed a strong reputation building structures, heavy processing equipment and material handling systems. We are currently seeking a full time Quality Control Technician to join the team. Our client offers an innovative work environment, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement.
This is a direct hire opportunity!
Assist high volume structural fabrication production facility with quality assurance, quality control, production planning and scheduling.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform accurate quality checks of all products and materials during production and prior to shipping.
- Work with the Fitters, Welders, Processing, and QC personnel as a team to ensure product meets requirements.
- Perform dimensional checks that may need be done in cold, heat or rain, both indoors and outdoors.
- Work with shop personnel and to stop work on projects should QC issues be discovered. Work with shop management to resolve issues and ensure work is completed to exceed the quality requirements.
- Technician will be required to use the computerized scan system for QC of parts.
- Review upcoming project specifications and assist QC Supervisor with identifying QC requirements on each project.
- Understand and interpret code required for work and projects in production.
- Monitor outside vendors and perform off site inspections as required.
- Know and understand Weld Procedures, PQR’s.
- Understand and comply with procedural directions.
- Review Drawings and Procedures as directed by the QC Supervisor.
- Review of Drawings and apply specifications and procedures
- Excellent Attendance and stable work history
- Technician will be required to have and knowledge of metal fabrication measuring devices and tools.
- Knowledge of AWS D1.1, 1.4, 1.8 codes and CWI preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels
- Evaluate and coach employee production skills to help ensure quality standards are met
- Computer skills to open and mark up drawings, read and modify spreadsheets, operate standard Microsoft programs
- Ability to understand and retain training on codes, specifications. Interest in expanding code knowledge.
Our client offers incredible benefits and compensation package including: health & dental insurance, short & long term disability insurance as well as a generous paid time off program.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.
Quantum Recruiters is committed to Affirmative Action and values diversity in its workforce.