Philomath, OR 97370
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with a leader in the grass seed industry to fill a Research Assistant position. This role provides aid to research staff by collecting data, keeping records, analyzing data, preparing applications and reports, managing variety administration and inventory.
Leading a combination of projects with the research team, the Research Assistant maintains accurate record and data analysis information. The Research Assistant coordinates varieties in production and communications with the necessary parties. There will be a high level of collaboration between individual departments and our research facilities. This role is the liaison between the Breeders and the Production Department.
Attention to detail is required of the Research Assistant. They will continuously utilize problem solving skills on routine matters. It is expected that this individual remain alert, precise and concentrated to ensure a high level of accuracy in their work.
Through careful inspection, it is expected that this role stay up to date on compliance with all state and federal regulations, compliance standards and company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects various forms of data pertaining to research projects.
- Record retention and database maintenance of research analysis.
- Conducts, interprets, draws conclusions, and discusses with principal investigator the results of research analysis.
- Prepares various applications and reports containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content.
- Constructs plant variety protection studies or assists in the construction of such studies.
- Works with Production department managing varieties currently in production.
- Communicates with Oregon Seed Certification Services.
- Maintains record of where varieties have been applied and applies varieties accordingly.
- Prepares, records and ships samples and conducts inventory of seed.
- Collaborates with other researchers and departments.
- Complies with all state and federal regulations, compliance standards, and company policies and procedures.
- Supervises temporary staff and seasonal employees.
- Assists with seed harvest, threshing, and cleaning.
- Assists with various duties as needed.
- Associates Degree or higher.
- 2+ years of similar experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization skills and follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work overtime hours as necessary.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries and report writing.
- Ability to monitor and analyze information and data systems, evaluate their performance and discover ways to enhance them (through technology or upgrades).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- 4+ years of quality work experience.
- Agricultural or Plant Science experience preferred.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume for review. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.