Safety & Health Manager
Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with Western Pneumatics to fill the Safety & Health Manager position. With a design, custom fabrication, installation and on-site technicians, Western Pneumatics is the one stop solution to the wood products industry.
This is a direct hire opportunity offering excellent benefits and opportunities for professional development.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the overall safety, health and environmental condition of WPI. This position serves as a resource to both employees and management in an effort to support the achievement of business goals. This position is responsible for managing day-to-day Safety, Health and Environmental functions outlined below. To be successful in this position the employee must have exceptional communication skills as well as knowledge to perform the required duties of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop Safety initiatives, programs and ensure compliance for all WPI operations.
- Direct WPI Employee safety training to meet all federal and local requirements.
- Ensure all new hires receive safety training and have documented safety training forms.
- Perform safety audits including but not limited to; fall arrest monitoring and inspections, sling inspections, chain inspections, fire safety, LOTO, ladder safety, confined space, Forklift Training and certifications, hand and power tool training and usage, welding, material handling and all working areas to ensure a safe working environment exists.
- Oversee Frist aid/CPR training for WPI employees. Maintain training documentation of all employees.
- Develop, initiate and maintain WPI, Emergency Action Plan, providing First Responder training.
- Must be able to maintain composure under pressure, i.e. working with an injured employee, communicating with medical providers etc.
- Working with contractors’ safety team and understand their safety program to assure compliance in and around our work areas.
- Assisting crews with understand and executing safety regulations from the site and government agencies
- Main contact and responsible for all accident/incident reporting, investigations and handling the injury, illness, near miss paperwork, reporting to WPI’s workers compensation insurer.
- Develop and monitor all return to work procedures, light and/or modified duty positions.
- Safety enforcement, training supervisors and managers in areas of accident/incident investigations, disciplinary action for safety violations or infractions (in coordination with the Human Resources Manager).
- Help Create and lead the execution team towards a goal of Zero Recordable Incidents.
- Oversee safety committees, meetings, training and documentation of meetings and positing minutes as required.
- Regularly update all corporate safety documentation and training material to keep pace with current best practices.
- Perform and maintain all quarterly inspections and posting of required inspections as required by law.
- Create OSHA logs and reporting as mandated.
- Assist department leaders and construction site personnel with offering the best practices when injuries occur to limit the impact to our Workers’ comp insurance costs and better mod rate.
- Travel to construction job sites to assist field operations as required.
- Organize shop and construction safety committee’s and regular safety meetings to confirm employee participation in the safety process.
- Develop, update, maintain and train on all Hazard Communication procedures as required by law.
- Maintain all SDS sheets and ensure all training has been performed on new chemicals that are received.
- Environmental: Ensure all environmental inspections and reports are complete accurate and submitted within the required time frame for various city, county and state departments.
- Perform monthly water sampling and testing. Maintain proper logs, reports and data as required by governmental agencies.
- Prepare formal environmental reports and submit on time.
- Monitor third party environmental procedures when applicable.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge requirements of all areas of safety, including city, county, state and federal regulations.
- Practiced knowledge safety in a director or manager roll.
- Ability to act and respond in a fast-paced, high stress environment while maintaining professionalism and ability to diffuse situations
- Demonstrated ability in synthesizing information to make critical decisions in a timely manner as well as develop short and long-term plans to ensure the success of a safety program.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to build positive work relationships across functional lines and to motivate employees.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple products and projects.
- Proven leadership ability and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Must be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions.
- Create and sustain key relationships quickly and maximize resources to effectively achieve goals.
- Possess a high energy level and maintain a positive forward-thinking attitude.
- Proven ability to create, lead and mentor First Responders.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 3 years’ relevant experience, or equivalent.
- Computer literate using MS Office to develop reports, documents, training materials etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Certification in safety, health and/or environmental, training, leadership required.
- Prior knowledge and work in a manufacturing environment.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume for review. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.
Quantum Recruiters is committed to Affirmative Action and values diversity in its workforce.