Senior Software Engineer
Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are excited to partner with the leader in the IT training industry to fill a Senior Software Engineer position. This is a direct hire opportunity!
Our client offers a fun and collaborative work environment where your experience, expertise and hard work will be rewarded. If you are passionate, love to be an integral part of a collaborative team’s success, are tenacious, curious and love to learn . . . we want you on our team. Located in beautiful Eugene, OR our client offers a rewarding work environment, excellent compensation and benefits along with opportunities for personal and professional growth!
Scope & Purpose of Job
- Work with the team on enterprise level applications and services to continually improve the learning experience for IT professionals.
- Create and maintain applications and frameworks that support the team’s products as well as maintain and improve overall system architecture in addition to implementing new features.
- Design and develop innovative software tools, applications, and services that are mission critical to the success of our client’s business.
Measures of Success
- Ensure rapid development time for new features and products as well as provide support for those features and products.
- Ensure our customers’ best interest is kept at the forefront of all decisions.
- This is a learning company; you will be expected to learn new things on the job and continuously improve your skills.
- Excel in a collaborative team environment.
- Write enterprise level applications and services.
- Work closely in a tightly-knit, cross-functional team.
- Review pre-existing code and provide recommendations to improve performance and maintainability.
- Add/modify code, perform enhancements that integrate with existing code, and implement new features.
- Create in-line and supplementary documentation for existing and new code.
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems.
- Mentor and provide guidance to other team members.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing enterprise level applications.
- Strong experience with Node.js and AWS technologies.
- Thorough understanding and experience with MongoDB and SQL
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where things change quickly.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and designs to non-developers.
- Ability to maintain a disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance.
- Experience with RESTful technologies.
- Experience leveraging open source projects.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Proficiency with Git version control.
- Proficiency with event-driven architectures and design patterns.
- Proficiency with MongoDB and SQL. Proficiency with Test Driven Development.
- Proficiency with Git revision control.
- Experience writing web services.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS Lambda, S3, Kinesis, etc).
- Experience in object-oriented programming and service-oriented architecture.
- Detailed understanding of web technologies, including web services and web application servers.
Please submit resume for immediate consideration. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.