$55k-$65k/year Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our client’s Finance and Accounting team here in Eugene, Oregon.
As a Staff Accountant, you will have a wide range of responsibilities including assisting with month end close, reconciliation of accounts, preparing financial statements and other duties as needed to support the Finance and Accounting Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete a wide range of month-end close related responsibilities
- Support the monthly close process by preparing assigned entries, reconciling assigned accounts and preparing support schedules and analysis
- Review monthly inventory and revenue transactions to ensure proper coding and cut-off
- Analyze inventory and costing data; understand the financial impact of inventory movements
- Review work performed by other team members and report findings/recommendations to the Controller
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Review and analyze cash flow on a weekly basis. Partner with finance team to implement and maintain cash budget and forecasts.
- Fixed asset processing and reporting. Conduct bi-annual fixed asset inventory. Review and track performance of company capital projects as compared to the budget
- Provide assistance and documentation required during annual audit by external accounting firm.
- Support implementation of best practices and improve department documentation
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and company procedures
- Prepare and review department level statements to ensure proper coding of transactions
- Develop reports as needed to support the monthly close, management reporting, and financial analysis
- Perform ad-hoc research and projects as needed
- Perform other duties as required to support the Accounting Department
Required Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years of previous accounting experience required
- Superior demonstrated ERP system competency
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- Experience with Sage ERP a plus
- Must have strong communication skills and be highly deadline and detail oriented
- Adept at handling multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for innovation, continuous improvement and evolution
Please submit resume for immediate consideration. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.