Supply Chain Manager
Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with a well established, Eugene based distributor to fill the Supply Chain Manager role. This is an exciting leadership position that offers a rewarding work environment, excellent benefits and opportunity to be a part of the continued growth and success of the organization.
The supply chain manager is responsible for the management of inventory, purchasing and planning for the end to end supply chain. The manager is responsible for the coordination and communication of inventory movements between sites, ensuring an adequate supply of inventory while managing vendor relationships and keeping control of costs.
This role will be responsible for creating a set of tools and systems to support the inventory management, purchasing of products and meeting the customer needs for multiple locations. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for leading and training a team of buyers to support multiple locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage the planning and purchasing team, including setting goals and managing performance to those goals. Plan and manage the development of the team.
- Responsible for creating tools necessary to manage inventory control and purchasing to ensure timely delivery, cost efficiencies and effective communication between teams across all locations
- Manage the supply chain ensuring clear communication and execution between suppliers, warehouses and sales teams
- Build and maintain the inventory planning module in the ERP system to leverage its information and make data driven decisions
- Manage vendor relationships, while strategically negotiating costs and order quantities to meet the needs of customers
- Prepare purchase orders and transfer inventory to various locations to maintain minimum quantities on-hand and ensure the needs of the customers are met. Examine and adjust inventory levels as needed to maintain high levels of customer fulfillment while balancing inventory levels to achieve increased inventory turns. Process inventory purchases on various supplier portals and update the MRP with estimated delivery times.
- Responsible for defining the key performance indicators and developing reports to track and take action to improve the KPIs
- Lead and manage inventory as measured by total inventory dollars and inventory turns
- Coordinate physical inventories and cycle counting plans across all locations
- Proactively deliver innovative solutions to exceed the expectations of internal and external customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in supply chain planning, purchasing, and inventory functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or other related fields. Preference given to candidates with advanced degrees and related certifications
- Must possess and have exhibited a high degree of leading individuals in the areas of planning, purchasing, organizational, and analytical development
- Experience in managing a team within the supply chain including inventory planning and purchasing
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the business
- Project management experience managing multiple projects of various complexity in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office, expert in Excel
- Preference given to candidates with experience with Sage 2018 ERP and the inventory planning module
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and be detail oriented
- Passion for innovation, continuous improvement and evolution
Please submit resume for immediate consideration. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.