Transportation Programs Coordinator
270 OAKWAY CTR Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with the City of Eugene to fill the Transportation Programs Coordinator role.
Transportation Planning is looking for a dynamic and innovative team member to help coordinate programs including Sunday Streets, Vision Zero, and other projects that are part of our Active Transportation Strategic Plan. Candidate should be well-versed on event planning, fundraising, and communication strategies. They should be self-directed while working collaboratively with a team to create fun, educational, and sustainable events and programs to Eugene residents.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in and a great enthusiasm for walking, biking, riding the bus, carpooling, building community and creating a safer and healthier population.
Examples of Duties Performed
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
The Transportation Programs Coordinator main duty will be planning the annual Eugene Sunday Streets events. Eugene Sunday Streets are free community events that attract over 10,000 community members. For more information on the event, visit www.eugenesundaystreets.org. This position will work alongside the Transportation Options Coordinator and interns to organize and coordinate events including:
- Solicit sponsorships from local businesses
- Conduct outreach efforts and work with partner city departments, businesses, neighbors, and the media
- Provide instructions to the graphic design team to develop marketing materials for the event
- Update the eugenesundaystreets.org website and social media pages
- Solicit and organize vendors and booths for the days of the event
- Negotiate media ad buys and other vendor services
- Lead or assist with grant applications
- Finalize traffic control plan
- Recruit volunteers
- Assist in execution of Breakfast at the Bike Bridges, Party in the Parks, and other community events
- Participate as a key member of the Transportation Planning Team
- Support and respects diversity in the workplace
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Self-starter, excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable asking for funding (sponsorships/in-kind donations), graphic design skills, great time management skills, able to multitask, resolve conflicts, work well under stress, ability to work independently, as well as quickly and respectfully as a team while maintaining a sense of humor. Previous experience working with the public, event planning & fundraising experience preferred. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Event planning, volunteer recruitment, active transportation planning, public health, and community engagement. Modern office methods, procedures, and computer equipment including MS Office Suite and Adobe Suite.
- Express ideas clearly; convey complex information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain close, cooperative, and effective working relationships with a variety of people including City staff, businesses, and community members.
- Demonstrate excellence in customer service, customer relations, and public presentation skills.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; speak before large groups.
- Work well with others in a team setting, embracing the City’s commitment to customer service and value of employees as a resource.
To be considered for this opportunity, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or deliver to Quantum Recruiters, 270 Oakway Center, Eugene, OR.
Application deadline is 5:00 p.m., April 1, 2019.
Quantum Recruiters is committed to Affirmative Action and values diversity in its workforce.