Eugene, OR 97401 US
Are you a talented, passionate Accounting professional? Are you looking for growth and collaboration with an experienced leadership team? We are seeking an Assistant Controller to join our client’s fast paced growing team.
The Assistant Controller will ensure the integrity of the company’s financial data in compliance with GAAP and company policy. As a leader, you will provide direct oversight of the Accounts Receivable team and processes. Providing support to the Controller and contributing to the positive and engaging culture, you will maintain an established presence in the Eugene, Oregon office.
OUR CLIENT’S INVESTMENT IN YOU
- We offer competitive compensation, including 15% annual bonus!
- We have exceptional wellbeing-focused benefits including health, dental, vision (95% of premium for employee and whole family paid by client), life and disability insurance, retirement, paid time off, company picnics, social activities, and a surprise every so often! Who doesn’t love a surprise?
- This position is located in Eugene, Oregon with a work from home option that provides the opportunity to work outside the office up to two days per week.
- As a certified B Corp, we’re a company that lives our values every day.
- We work in a LEED certified facility which prioritizes the planet in our daily operations and optimizes our employee experience while at work.
- We prioritize sustainability as a business by embedding it into our values, our strategic priorities, our decision-making, and our resource allocations.
- Our Nourish Market provides employees subsidized healthy lunch and snack options.
- We have employees that are committed to “Doing Good” in our community and around the world.
- We are a growing company with products that customers love.
- We believe in investing in you and your growth and development.
YOU’LL BE A GREAT FIT
- Solid work ethic, self-starter, and result-oriented
- Ability to take initiative, plan, and execute tasks independently
- Ability to balance attention to detail and swift execution
- Successfully manage competing priorities and expectations of stakeholders
- Strong in negotiation of desired outcomes
- Can provide perspective and make recommendations
- Natural ability to develop strong, trusting relationships
- Enjoys collaborating with cross-functional partners
- Issue and receive direction in a constructive and professional manner
- Strong critical thinking ability to navigate and solve complex problems
- Analytical approach to understand and synthesize data to make impactful outcomes
- Ability to ask thoughtful and relevant questions
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and generate alternative solutions
- Manipulate, analyze and present data from multiple sources and across various formats
WHAT YOU WILL OWN
- Provide leadership, support, and monitor priorities of Accounts Receivable team.
- Assist in management functions, including hiring, evaluating performance coaching, people development, cross training, succession planning, as well as quarterly and annual reviews
Troubleshooting and Reconciliations
- Troubleshoot issues in areas of responsibility
- Reconcile general ledger, subledgers, and activity
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for multiple accounts
- Maintain complex monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete month end close processes
- Processing biweekly payroll journal entries; month end payroll accruals, PTO, benefits, 401K payments, etc.
- Create and process journal entries; including prepaid schedules and accruals
- Maintain fixed asset registers and depreciation schedules and file necessary property tax filings
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Provide support with creating, documenting, maintaining, and optimizing various accounting processes in accordance with GAAP
- Effectively partner across all areas and functions of the business as needed
- Work with marketing team in collaboration with annual trade spend and accounting for deductions
WHAT YOU KNOW AND HAVE EXPERIENCED
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3-5 years total experience
- Preferred experience within a progressively complex corporate finance office (CPG or manufacturing a plus)
- Preferred experience managing people and teams
- Extensive technical accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Demonstrate professional and effective written and verbal communication skills
- We are the well-being company that exists to inspire and enhance everyday life through trust and good will. Our guiding principles, beliefs, and philosophies shape our identity. They are the essence of our culture and define how we do what we do.
- We are intentional in everything we do. We are present and aware of how we show up in the world. We honor people and our communities. We are authentic and transparent with each brand. We are committed to sustaining our planet. We build trust and goodwill with each individual interaction.