City of Eugene - Social Media Coordinator
Eugene, OR 97401
Are you a huge fan of using social media to engage with our community? Do you love recreation, the outdoors, art and community events? Then, we may have the opportunity you’re looking for!
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers in the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with the City of Eugene Library, Recreation & Cultural Services Marketing Team to fill a temporary Social Media Coordinator role. The Social Media Coordinator will use their social media, innovative problem-solving skills and creativity to create positive online experiences for our patrons and community, across multiple platforms, focusing on City of Eugene Recreation and Cultural Services, including Community Events and Public Art.
This temporary position is expected to last 8-10 weeks.
The Short Story: The Social Media Coordinator works with the broader marketing team and program and office staff from across the Recreation and Cultural Services divisions to implement and track social media campaigns (both organic and paid) across multiple platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc), and for multiple accounts. This includes some content creation and writing (for social media/digital platforms) as well as some project coordination.
The Social Media Coordinator is part of a nimble marketing team and is perfect for someone who loves to roll up their sleeves and wants to support a broad range of programs, services and events, as well as collaborating on broader team projects and city initiatives. We sometimes say, “If it’s fun … we’re probably a part of it.”
Our Ideal Candidate: We’re looking for a fun-loving, social media savvy team player who thrives in a fast paced team environment. Our ideal candidate is naturally collaborative, a strategic and proactive planner, inquisitive and approaches marketing with a sense of wonder. We’re excited to find someone who has a desire to provide high-quality, engaging and positive on-line experiences for our community. Our ideal candidate understands a variety of online platforms and social media management tools (such as Later) and values brand integrity.
The Long Story: The LRCS Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties for Recreation and Cultural Services:
· Works with the broader marketing team to creates and implement content for all Recreation and Cultural Services social media channels
· Performs customer service and connects online patrons with Recreation and Cultural Services staff
· Coordinates and responds to online comments and messages, including working with relevant staff/managers to craft response
· Researches social media trends; makes recommendations to LRCS marketing team for strategies and participation in emerging platforms
· Networks and maintains online relationships with partners and patrons; researches and implements opportunities for collaboration
· Determines appropriate evaluation metrics, tracks social media performance, interprets data, and prepares reports for marketing team and program teams
· Assists with social media metrics goal-setting in conjunction with LRCS marketing team
· Train and support Recreation and Cultural Services staff on social media best practices; provides support and collaborates City-wide on social media
· Participate in a variety of meetings (currently online) with the broader marketing team and Recreation programmers and office staff.
· Work with broader marketing team to maintain department brand, style and voice in social communications.
· Makes recommendations to marketing team for paid media strategies on digital platforms
· Plans, creates and implements paid advertising on digital platforms within assigned budget
· Monitors campaign performance and adjusts campaigns to optimize return-on-investment (ROI)
· Provides assessment/ROI reports to marketing team
CULTURAL SERVICES AND RECREATION CAMPAIGN COORDINATION
· Allocates budgeted marketing funds and assigns tasks and deadlines with approval from Senior Marketing Manager
· Facilitates collaboration between work groups and community partners
· Tracks expenses, monitors campaign performance and adjusts campaigns to ensure optimal ROI
· Participates in department wide strategy discussions
· Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· Strong writing skills, both for social media communications and long-form communication
· Proven skills in the creation of social media content, including for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
· Knowledge of and skills in the creation, implementation and tracking of paid digital media content
· Proficiency in a variety of online social media platforms, computing skills, and associated technical skills
· High emotional intelligence and an aptitude for team work and working collaboratively across multiple departments/divisions and partner organizations
· Knowledge of standard practices, principles, City policies and local/state/federal laws related to social media
· Ability to plan, organize and administer a variety of projects at one time/high ability to multi-task
· Ability to evaluate issues and problem solve, including working collaboratively with team/partners tactfully, courteously and effectively
· Exercise sound judgment, establish priorities and goals, maintain confidentiality and manage a complex workflow
· Ability to clearly and effectively write and communicate concise marketing messages
· Work well independently and within a team setting
· Pay close attention to detail and deadlines
· High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. Associate degree or college course work in the assigned area desirable.
· Four years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative support experience, including two years with marketing/digital media experience
· Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would include having previously managed organizational digital media, or attended specialized trainings/workshops/continuing education related to digital media and/or social platforms.
Please submit resume for immediate consideration. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.