270 OAKWAY CTR Eugene, OR 97401 US
Direct Hire Opportunity!
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with a well-established distributor, doing business across the nation, to fill the Credit Manager role.
Position Primary Purpose
The Credit Manager is responsible for and oversees the credit granting process to ensure that there is a consistent application of company credit policy. Oversees the A/R team and collaborates with the VP of Finance to establish policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems for legal compliance. Makes recommendations of actions and potential credit risks to VP of Finance for input to the Board.
- Directs and oversees A/R functions.
- Audits A/R adjustments and oversees preparation of spreadsheet summary report.
- Supervises A/R employees. Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with HR as appropriate.
- Oversees the audit of delinquent accounts to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning a bad credit status to the account.
- Maintains and reviews all collections related schedules, collections goals, sales to collection schedule, DSO schedule, collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances and assigns to staff.
- Contacts large clients to obtain payments, when necessary; negotiates new payment terms or settlements.
- Establishes credit limits on customer accounts.
- Reviews adjustment of accounts and monitors the percentages of aged accounts.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls and evaluates effectiveness, develops collection policies and procedures for loss prevention and makes recommendations for updates to VP of Finance as needed.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by keeping current on new legislation and consulting with outside advisors.
- Conducts research and prepares a variety of statistical and administrative reports.
- Refers large accounts to outside collection agency or attorney for further collection efforts as needed; confers with General Managers and assists with collections and legal actions pertaining to those accounts.
- Makes recommendations of actions and potential credit/collections risks to VP of Finance for input to the Board.
- Keeps up to date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Safely performs these and all other duties assigned by VP of Finance or management.
- Consistently reads and responds to all correspondence, including emails.
- Successfully complete required training.
- Perform additional duties as assigned, and work in other departments and locations as required.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in a company with $160M revenue
- Minimum of 4 years supervisory experience of multiple subordinates
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management or related field
- Intermediate/Advanced Business Intelligence/Power BI/Data Analytics knowledge
- Work experience with a company that has a nationwide footprint
- Bilingual in Spanish
Skills and Abilities/Qualities
- Qualities of honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, ethical conduct and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Competent in financial management, strategic thinking, business acumen, technical capacity and problem solving.
- Effective interpersonal, supervisory skills leading a team, communication proficiency--orally and in writing.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and knowledge of Accounting, Credit/Collection Management.
- Performance Management, communication proficiency and able to analyze information and evaluate in order to make recommendations for process improvement.
- Must demonstrate ability to exercise judgment, initiative, and tact in dealing with customers, employees and peers.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships, and willingness to treat others in a manner consistent with the Company's mission and philosophy statements.
- Research, analyze, and summarize data, and prepare accurate and logical reports.
- Balance and adjust to changes with multiple priorities.
- Exercise keen time management skills and meet timelines and due dates.
- Use discretion in responding to company and confidential issues.
- Must present a business-like manner and dress appropriately for business needs.
Our client offers an incredible benefits package and opportunities for both personal and professional development.
Please submit resume to be considered for this opportunity. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.