Eugene, OR 97401 US
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join our client's team.
Position Summary: Oversees and owns all financial accounting functions and processes, including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and is a key part of the finance leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs processes necessary to compile GAAP financial statements monthly, quarterly, and annually for the executive team and external parties, including combined financial statements for all legal entities under common control.
- Maintains accounting policies manual and internal control documentation.
- Ensures account reconciliations are performed completely, accurately, and timely to substantiate financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- Identifies significant transactions and trends impacting financial performance to determine proper accounting treatment and to proactively highlight noteworthy items to the executive team.
- Serves as the primary interface with the external accounting firm, with a focus on obtaining an unqualified attestation opinion requiring minimal post-closing adjustments.
- Maintains documentation of significant and judgmental accounting areas.
- Full supervisory responsibility for personnel within assigned departments, including hiring, performance coaching and feedback, and compensation. Provides specific feedback for peers’ direct reports with whom a working relationship exists.
- Ensures tax compliance requirements are met for assigned departments (e.g. 1099s for Accounts Payable).
- Develops and deploys financial and accounting policies, procedures, internal controls, and reporting systems.
- Designs and provides input to business services and sales on procedural changes in the ERP system, CRM system, and other related systems.
- Oversees the operation, maintenance, and procedures of financial aspects of ERP system.
- Supports the budgeting and forecasting process through providing comprehensive and accurate data.
- Partners across the organization to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support strategic initiatives and department projects.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum Experience: Minimum of 8 years of accounting experience.
- Education: BA/BS in accounting and CPA is required, MBA is a plus.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Must be efficient with strong attention to detail.
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of all finance, financial planning, accounting and tax areas of a business including an excellent understanding of GAAP.
- Strong skills in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement and problem solving.
Please submit resume for consideration. All inquiries are kept strictly confidential.