Eugene, OR 97401 US
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with the leader in the construction field to fill the Financial Controller role. Our client values their customers and only hires the best join the team!
The Controller is an integral role in the organization. This role is responsible for the execution and integrity of all accounting activities including managing and taking ownership of the monthly closing process, internal KPI reporting and external reporting requirements, as well as reviewing current processes and systems in place with a focus on continuous improvement. The business’ successful growth over the next few years will be predicated on having a strong accounting team in place.
- Provides leadership, direction and support to the accounting department
- Responsible for timely, accurate pay applications to clients
- Responsible for timely, accurate processing of subcontractor billings included in electronic pay app process
- Ensures A/P, A/R and job cost are always in balance
- Provides month end reports to Controller for financial statement preparation
- Works closely with PM's to meet client financial reporting expectations
- Assists Controller with year-end processes
- Month-end close processes and journal entries
- Complex account reconciliations
- Adjusting journal entries
- Multi-company financial reporting and analysis
- AP backup support
- System implementation support
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experienced in leading, managing, and working with people as well as identifying and leading projects to term.
- Has proven experience creating and managing actionable financial accounting and reporting information systems and processes in high volume, fast-growing enterprises.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail, advanced problem-solving skills, and natural leadership and cooperative mindset.
- Naturally a forward thinking, results, solutions and team-oriented, as well as self- motivated to achieve results and learn in a constructive environment.
- Skilled in both written and verbal communication, including the ability to explain and simplify complex financial issues to executives, peers, and staff.
- Willingness to work hands-on in the details, as
- Easily adaptable and go-getter attitude on managing multiple
- Self-motivated with little supervision required as well understanding and ability to delegate and to manage.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, controls procedures; financial management, income taxes, financial planning, and analysis, as well as actionable financial reporting and the ability to research solutions.
- High level of proficiency in Excel, accounting, and ERP
- Experience in either the Construction, Remodel or Home Services industries preferred, not required.
Our client offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package along with a work environment that values honest and open communication, team work and both professional and personal growth.
If you are interested in learning more, please submit your resume for immediate review. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.