Human Resource Business Partner
270 OAKWAY CTR Eugene, OR 97401
Does being an integral part of an HR team that champions people-centered workforce success strategies sound exciting to you? Is a culture that values integrity, learning, respect and service one where you feel most successful? Are you a strategic and collaborative HR professional wanting to be a part of a culture that inspires workforce well-being? If you are passionate about HR we want to talk to you!
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with an Oregon based health care provider in the recruitment of a Human Resource Business Partner with experience in all aspects of Human Resources.
Our client is a multi-specialty practice that includes over 750 dedicated providers and staff at multiple locations within the Eugene/Springfield area. This position is located at the Central Business Office and will be part of a professional, experienced, enthusiastic, and fun HR team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) serves as a consultant to staff, clinicians and management on Human Resources-related issues. The HRBP provides professional HR guidance and support and is a champion for our mission, vision and values and promoting an engaged, positive, healthy work environment and culture. The HRBP executes and administers HR programs in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, workers compensation, benefits, health and safety, performance management, compensation, recruitment and hiring, and training. May be assigned primary responsibility for specific HR programming or specific functional activities but generally works under the direction or guidance of the HR Manager.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Provides guidance and expertise to business leadership, management staff, physicians and employees on employment practices, interpretation of legislation, laws, regulations, policies and procedures related to employment, compensation, employment records, investigations and finalization of allegations and complaints. Consults and advises on a diverse range of topics, including benefits and leave of absence tools/processes, compensation, recruiting, training/development resources, and offboarding. Recommends appropriate and timely actions.
- Assists in resolving manager, employee and work group disagreements, investigates complaints, works with affected parties, evaluates alternatives for action, and provides advice, guidance and direction for resolution. Provides facilitation in employee/supervisor discussions when necessary. Provides support and consultation to leaders in an effort to resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts investigations, analyzes information, makes recommendations/develops action plans in partnership with other leaders.
- Plans, implements and administers assigned Human Resource programs, services and related activities. Develops and recommends program goals and objectives that are in alignment with company vision and strategic plan. Enforces policies by ensuring required standards are being met and consistency applied across the organization. Leads or coordinates internal department project teams for process improvement or assigned change initiatives. Prepares and maintains assigned program policies, manuals, handbooks or procedures, and revises and recommends improvements as necessary.
- Develops and compiles reports to support the delivery of efficient and practical Human Resource solutions. Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR team to develop and implement solutions, programs and policies. Analyzes and summarizes outcomes and documents activities with respect to impact on culture, time, cost and results.
- Administers and advises on the performance management process, including assigning, reviewing and communicating compensation structure changes and drafting policy to support performance management aligning with organizational values.
- Assists in identifying training needs for departments, clinics and individual positions. Creates and delivers training that supports organizational objectives.
- Other duties as assigned. May be assigned primary responsibility for one or more specific HR functions including but not limited to recruiting and hiring, training and development, compensation/benefits design and/or performance management administration.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following:
- Human resource disciplines including but not limited to: performance management, recruitment & selection, employee relations, benefits management and administration, and health & wellness.
- Conceptual understanding of compensation practices, training and organizational development approaches.
- Intermediate understanding of and the ability to apply supervisory best practices.
- General knowledge of Human Resources systems, payroll systems, MS Word Processing software and MS Excel.
- Project and change management, including ability to effectively envision, design, manage and implement programs and processes.
- Business literacy, including excellent written and oral presentation.
- Interpersonal communications, including the ability to influence through consultation and negotiation.
- Excellent leadership, management, and high professional standards for customer service and work quality.
- Work effectively in situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters. Analyze, problem-solve and apply solutions to complex situations.
- Understand and integrate organizational goals and strategic directions into Human Resource services, programs and products; business and financial acumen, as well as general HR functional knowledge.
- Exercise judgment in building relationships across organizational levels and functions including staff, clinicians, organizational leaders and the public. Demonstrate ability to skillfully deal with conflict or work through difficult situations.
- Demonstrate cultural competency through respectful, inclusive work habits and through the valuing and welcoming of cultural differences in all position responsibilities.
- Utilize project management skills, particularly with respect to organization, prioritization, and time management. Coordinate cross-functional projects. Manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies.
- Serve as a source of data and information on projects to support business goals. Experience with relevant HR systems, applications, tools, metrics and data.
- Supports recruitment, hiring and onboarding processes for the organization to include staff and clinician activities, provider medical students and provider contracted services. Participates in interview and selection processes for staff and clinicians. Conducts staff and provider orientations to include a review of Human Resources policies & procedures and benefit overview, and coordinates with external presenters/subject matter experts on various topics related to clinic operations.
- Demonstrate commitment to organization’s Mission, Vision and Values.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources or a closely related field required. Equivalent work experience in Human Resources may substitute for educational requirements. SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR highly desired.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years of experience in Human Resources with demonstrated experience providing HR consultation to business leaders and staff.