Human Resources Director
270 OAKWAY CTR Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with a leader in the petroleum industry to fill the HR Director role. Our client is firmly rooted in the community, providing a comprehensive list of products and services and is proud to be recognized as a leader in environmentally friendly products including alternative fuels and bio-diesel.
The HR Director is responsible for the overall management and day-to-day oversight of the Human Resources department specifically recruitment and staffing, organizational development, training, workforce planning, employee relations, performance and compensation management, payroll, benefit and 401k administration. Consults with and advises all levels of management and employees regarding employment matters, legal compliance, HR policies, procedures, programs and initiatives. Provides strategic and technical HR expertise to align human resources initiatives with the strategic direction of the company. Required to keep abreast of and respond to legislative changes, legal mandates, economic trends and employment best practices. The Director of Human Resources directly supervises the Senior HR Generalist and oversees the personnel in the HR department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the development, implementation and administration of performance and compensation systems to ensure the organization maintains competitive practices. Oversees development of associated policies/procedures and monitors salary and performance actions to ensure consistent and appropriate application throughout the organization. Periodically evaluates and redesigns performance and compensation management systems to ensure continued effectiveness, pay equity and business relevance.
- Directs sourcing and negotiation, implementation and administration of employee benefits programs. Ensures compliance with laws governing employer-sponsored benefits plans. Monitors and analyzes benefits options and develops corresponding strategies to limit or control rate escalation. Oversees the administration of the workers' compensation and health and wellness programs. Convenes insurers, brokers, legal advisors and, other service providers to produce the best possible outcomes and to limit premium cost escalation.
- Provides advice and counsel to the President, COO and Executive Team regarding management of their direct reports. Directs investigations regarding claims of discrimination in employment, misconduct, deficient performance or ethical infractions. Review findings, oversees resolution decisions and disciplinary actions to ensure appropriate and legally compliant outcomes. Represents the organization in litigated employment disputes, work practice lawsuits or complaints filed with State and Federal compliance agencies.
- Responsible for the overall staffing program for the company. Collaborates with hiring managers to recruit, select and successfully on-board employees. Creates job postings, interview questions, and provides training to managers regarding hiring best practices to ensure job candidates have a positive experience. Ensures new job requisitions are approved. Works with hiring managers to design comprehensive on-boarding programs for new hires. Updates the organizational chart and maintains job descriptions.
- Directs the development of and execution of the business’ succession and workforce planning effort. Monitors regional trends in fuel/oil employment and develops and deploys corresponding strategies to ensure the organization’s ability to secure employees and maintain a qualified workforce. Administers workforce reductions plans and facilitates negotiated exits as necessary.
- Provides HR resources to support the administration of the safety and accident/injury prevention programs. Oversees pre-employment compliance requirements pertaining to the employment of drivers of commercially qualified vehicles including administration of a federally mandated CDL drug testing program.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of senior level experience in all human resources disciplines, including compensation program administration, recruitment, employee relations, training, and benefits/wellness program administration. Experience in a progressively responsible leadership position or senior management level preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Public Administration or a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Specific Human Resource related course work must be evident in education or past training pursuits.
Minimum qualifications and core Competencies
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations.
- Knowledge of payroll practices, preferably in multiple states.
- Exceptional project and personnel management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point is essential.
- Broad management background including coaching and counseling, performance management, employee involvement, team building, as well as compensation and benefits.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit resume for review. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.