Outside Industrial Sales Representative
270 OAKWAY CTR Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are currently recruiting to fill a Northern Region Outside Sales role covering Oregon, Northern California, Southern Idaho and parts of Utah and Nevada for a Eugene based hydraulic and pneumatic cylinder manufacturer.
This is a direct hire opportunity offering excellent benefits, 401k, and company vehicle along with opportunities for professional advancement.
The Outside Sales Person for the Northern Region is entrusted with revitalizing existing customer relationships and strategically building new business partnerships with key stakeholders. The Outside Sales Person is responsible for having a strong working knowledge of both the hydraulic and pneumatic cylinder industry and the products that are offered. This position requires commitment to consistency in follow up as well as thorough study and ability to relay technical information in understandable terms to existing and potential customers alike. The Outside Sales Person will work with the Marketing Manager and General Manager to identify sales boundaries and how much time will be spent at existing and prospective customer facilities and in the office.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and ethical standards
- Meet or exceed established sales and gross margin dollar goals
- Continually evaluate business potential within territory to ensure focus on “core” accounts.
- Develop and update written sales strategy for territory, consistent with annual forecast
- Prepare and submit a weekly sales activity plan to Marketing Manager with the goal of maximizing face time with the customer
- Document customer contact and sales activities in an organized manner
- Assist in coordinating and carrying out marketing efforts as directed by the Marketing Manager and including: product launches, trade shows, creation of data sheets and other marketing material.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 plus years completed in the hydraulics/pneumatics industry (Engineering, Business degrees a plus)
- Strong working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and cylinders
- Ability to prioritize existing and new sales tasks and initiatives in an efficient manner
- Willingness to thoroughly study new and existing product offerings and properly relay technical information about those products to customers
- Exceptional communication skills by way of email, letter, phone, text, and face to face