270 Oakway Center Eugene, OR 97401
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are currently seeking a Payroll/HR Specialist to join our client's growing team here in Eugene, Oregon.
Position Summary: The Payroll/HR Specialist is responsible for completing payroll and timekeeping functions for 3 business units in a timely and accurate manner. This position also provides administrative support to the HR department and works on other projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Payroll & Timekeeping
- Prepares and processes all company payroll, commissions, bonuses and other related payments in a timely and accurate manner. Responsible for the distribution of paychecks.
- Prepares and reconciles employee deductions, garnishments, benefits, and 401k elections and matches.
- Coordinates and maintains the data relating to the payroll system. Prepares regular and ad-hoc reports. Maintains central control of payroll records to ensure the integrity and accuracy of each payroll transaction in the system.
- Enters new hire information in the system and initiates the on-line on-boarding process.
- Enters and reviews 401k election changes and tracks 401k loans in the system.
- Prepares final pay checks and notifies benefit carriers of employee terminations.
- Reviews and runs payroll reports and coordinates with the accounting department on the general ledger, accruals and tax filings.
- Prepares documents for and participates in payroll related audits, such as benefits, 401k and workers compensation.
- Trains and assists employees with payroll logins and self-service.
- Manages time-clock software and assists users.
- Provides guidance, expertise, and technical support to HRIS and payroll users. Gathers information from users and recommends best practices to utilize the software effectively. Documents issues and works with the vendor to provide timely resolution. Recommends changes and enhancements to the payroll system.
- Ensures data in the HRIS/payroll system is maintained and accurate.
- Responds to inquiries regarding payroll policies and processes. Communicates larger issues or potential liability issues to the Senior HR Generalist and Director of HR.
- Stays up to date on multi-state payroll laws and reporting requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality on all payroll and related transactions.
- Maintains and scans employee paper documents into the paperless filing system.
- Processes all unemployment requests from the state in a timely manner.
- Compiles employee statistics for vendor and government reporting.
- Verifies dates and earnings and responds to employment verification requests.
- Prepares birthday, new baby, service award and other employee gifts.
- Completes other payroll and HR related projects as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum Experience: Requires 3+ years of experience processing payroll.
- Education: High School diploma or GED.
Minimum Qualifications and CORE Competencies
- Thorough knowledge of payroll regulations. Payroll certification or advanced payroll knowledge preferred. Experience processing multi-state payroll preferred.
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, and HRIS systems, preferably with Kronos.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong customer service skills and be responsive to employee needs.
- Ability to accurately process large volumes of data within strict timelines.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and have the ability to accurately complete tasks.
- Ability to solve problems, research solutions and juggle multiple priorities and projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information. Requires discretion and good judgement.
- Must have reliable attendance at the primary place of business.
Please submit resume for immediate consideration. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.