Halsey, OR 97348
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with a global leader in the grass seed industry to fill the Payroll Specialist role.
The Payroll Specialist is involved in and responsible for various daily functions of the company’s payroll and accounting operations.
Ensures the accuracy and effective administration of the Company’s payroll, accounting and other related tasks. The Payroll Specialist responsibilities include collecting and reviewing employee information, working hours, calculation of wages, preparation of employee payments and maintenance of accurate payroll records.
The Payroll Specialist should be able to investigate and resolve issues while ensuring strict compliance with company and regulatory standards. This role requires excellent people skills, a teamwork mindset and a high comfort level with numbers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of company payroll system and associated system modules.
- Process payroll for corporation and all and associated companies.
- Process taxes and payment of employee benefits.
- Process invoices and GL Account Recon for employee benefit plans.
- Management of 401k and year end payroll audits.
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates and new hire information.
- Calculation and payment of all additional check runs, and one-off payments.
- Preparation and submittal of annual 401k contribution.
- Process monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Management of payroll record and workers compensation audits.
- Preparation of reports for all internal and external reporting involving the payroll department.
- Manage temporary labor time tracking, compensation updates, and submission of time reports.
- Act as the knowledge center for the payroll department, answering any payroll or benefit related questions.
- Comply with all state regulations, federal regulations, compliance standards, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and work in other departments and branches as required.
- Associates Degree or higher.
- 2+ years of similar experience in increasingly responsible role.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals, payroll best practices and related employment laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization skills and follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to work overtime hours as necessary.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy while handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of payroll and accounting systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Associates Degree.
- 3+ years of quality work experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft NAV software.
Please submit resume for immediate consideration. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.