270 Oakway Center Eugene, OR 97401 US
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with the leading, private brand-centric, customer products company, manufacturing and selling private food production to retail, foodservice and ingredient customers to fill the Production Manager role. Our client is a growing organization made up of businesses that produce quality products like Nut Butters, Peanut Butter, Fruit and Nut trail mixes, Granola, and a variety of other food products.
We’re looking for you! This is an exciting time to join a growing organization!
About the Production Manager Role
This position has overall responsibility for all facets of the production operation in a lean manufacturing and distribution environment – safety, quality, productivity, and housekeeping and effectively manages the employee workforce. Oversee the scheduling and managing of daily production shift activities.
- Direct and schedule the daily activities of all operating and support departments in compliance with GMP and established policies and procedures.
- Train and develop employees to perform production procedures.
- Identify and resolve in-process deviations and product non-conformance.
- Conduct investigations on all incidents and/or deviations to identify the cause. Ensure appropriate corrective and preventative action is taken.
- Effectively communicate and enforce company’s performance standards.
- Keep historical data.
- Analyze and monitor key efficiencies and parameters against design to troubleshoot and meet production goals and costs.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all duties for self and shift
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Provide Safety Training to employees.
- Ensure compliance of all plant safety rules and regulations to prevent personal injuries and/or property damage. This includes all initial, general, ongoing and refresher training as required for each role, and hazardous chemical training, as needed.
- Administer and promote Safety, Health, and Environmental programs to eliminate losses due to personal injuries and/or property damage.
- Other key initiatives as assigned
Education and Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years managerial experience required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a consumer manufacturing environment with 2 years of experience in a processing managerial role preferred.
- Previous supply chain, distribution or materials management experience in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Lean or continuous improvement experience preferred.
- Experience in CPG industry a plus.
- Strong detailed knowledge of SOPs and GMPs.
- Highly energetic, people oriented individual with the ability to motivate employees.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to promote and adapt to change as well as challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills required as well as the ability to communicate across functional lines.
- The ability to operate independently, analyze information and make quality decisions under pressure.
- Must be flexible to work occasional weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with JDE, Red Zone, Kronos, and Intelex a plus.
- Lean manufacturing and Sigma Six training, a plus.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume for review. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.