270 Oakway Center Eugene, OR 97401 US
DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY!
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with a locally owned and operated, leader in heavy construction industry, to fill the Safety Director role.
The Safety Director will develop, coordinate, and implement heavy construction safety policies and procedures to promote and ensure effective safety operations in the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety policies and
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and
- Ensures completion of required OSHA recordkeeping and reporting, including maintaining the OSHA safety log, workplace injury reporting, and other administrative requirements related to safety operations and regulations.
- Reports workplace injuries for workers’ compensation and manages employees return to
- Conducts employee training on applicable safety
- Reviews safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and
- Conducts monthly field safety
- Plans and coordinates annual safety stand
- Assist field personnel with job hazard
- Conducts jobsite safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety policies and
- Conducts incident and near-miss investigations, leads root cause analysis and recommends corrective
- Tracks and maintains field safety
- Purchases safety supplies and maintains field stocks to ensure
- Performs other related duties as
- Extensive knowledge of current heavy construction safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Familiarity with the heavy machinery, tools and equipment used in the
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to conduct training and teach others the established safety
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficient with HCSS Field and/or HCSS Safety a very large
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in health and safety, safety engineering, environmental health, related field, or equivalent experience and certification, required.
- At least five years of occupational health and safety experience in a heavy construction environment
- At least five years of heavy construction field experience
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at
- Ability to travel to jobsite as required to conduct safety
- We operate a drug free work Successful applicant will be required to pass a pre- employment drug screening
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume for immediate review. All inquiries kept strictly confidential!