Remote Position, OR
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing quality employees to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are excited to partner with one of Oregon's finest employers to fill a Web Designer role. This opportunity offers a fun and collaborative work environment where your creativity, expertise and hard work will be rewarded. If you are passionate about web design, creating quality products, love to be an integral part of the team’s success, are tenacious, curious and love to learn . . . we want you on our team.
Scope & General Purpose
The Web Designer is responsible for receiving or initiating design project or campaign requests, researching, scoping, designing, and delivering full website experiences. The role works with the design team within the marketing program and works with stakeholders in management, sales, and support to deliver production-ready digital designs to development teams. The Web Designer is responsible for balancing business initiatives, market and user research, and best practices to accomplish the campaign and/or project goals. The Web Designer must have an understanding of UX/UI design, marketing practices, and
Measures of Success
- Depth of experience and skill in graphic, digital, UX and UI design
- Proven ability to design solutions for business goals
- Proven ability to manage and adhere to a design system, and know when to add to or modify it
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be proactive, and problem solve
- Flexibility in accommodating rapid change
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills to manage through diplomacy
- Brand design: Works within established brand guidelines and design system. Understands when to break the system to meet the goals of a project. Co-manages and collaborates with the design team on established design system, continuing to add to it, iterate on it, and grow its adoption within the organization.
- Creative campaign design: Works with internal designers, marketing team members, and various product, development, and learner-facing teams to design creative campaigns that support organizational goals and objectives, while executing seamlessly across a variety of mediums.
- Design expertise: Creates project flows, wireframes, and prototypes to satisfy the task, project, or campaign needs. Determines if deliverables are low or high-fidelity design. Stays up-to-date on website design, digital trends, and opportunities within design and marketing, as well as the IT industry. Maintain knowledge in the technical programming of the development team.
- Balancing design goals: Maintains equal loyalty to the user experience and the business objectives, designing creative solutions to satisfy both. Can advocate for the user empathetically and respectfully while actively listening to project stakeholder needs. Uses design solutions to create balance in the cases of competing objectives.
- Design projects: Manages multiple high priority projects in varying states of the project cycle. Iterates on design per incoming feedback including, but not limited to: design team peer reviews, stake holder review, technical constraints, legal consults, or business pivots. Supports design project deliverables from request to production. Presents designs clearly and concisely.
- Design delivery: Sees all design projects through delivery including file preparation, documentation/annotation, development handoff, asset delivery, and participation of design QA for all development projects.
Skills / Competencies / Education
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Design, Marking, Journalism, or STEM field
- 5 years of experience designing website and mobile solutions for business objectives
- Strong portfolio showcasing design solutions
- In-depth knowledge and experience in design software and tools, including but not limited to Adobe Suite, Sketch, and InVision
- Experience in adhering to and maintaining a design system
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative and comfortable working on a team
Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio for immediate consideration. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.
Quantum Recruiters is committed to Affirmative Action and values diversity in its workforce.