Wellness Program Assistant
Eugene, OR 97401 US
At Quantum Recruiters we focus intently on providing talent to leading employers throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to partner with the City of Eugene to fill a part time, Wellness Program Assistant role.
Do you have a passion for helping people achieve their best selves through fitness and wellness programs? The City of Eugene Employee Resource Center (ERC) is looking for a Part-time, Temporary Wellness Program Assistant to join our team.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the FitCity Wellness Center and other onsite fitness facilities, and for facilitating City-sponsored exercise and wellness programs.
Salary range: $14.65-$26.37 h
Position Info: Part-time (20 hours per week), Temporary position expected to last 6 to 9 months
Schedule: Typically, Mon-Fri, schedule and hours to be coordinated with the successful candidate based on programmatic need.
Location: This position is required to be onsite, with an office at the FitCity Wellness Center
The FitCity Wellness Center serves City of Eugene Employees, and eligible dependents, retirees, and LCOG employees. The faculty includes a variety of cardiovascular and resistance exercise machines, free weights, wheelchair accessible exercise equipment, ADA accessible restrooms and showers, and an exercise class/wellness education room.
The successful candidate in this position will work collaborative with the Benefit and Wellbeing Manager and other Benefits Staff to support employees’ overall wellbeing. The position will be responsible for staffing and maintaining the FitCity Wellness Center, providing orientations and guidance to members regarding safe use of exercise equipment, and recommending and facilitating fitness classes and programming. May lead classes that align with training or fitness certifications.
Examples of Duties Performed- Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate the programming and basic functions of the FitCity Wellness Center, including working with established vendors to maintain the facility and exercise equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service, and assistance & information regarding wellness programs to employees and eligible members
- Coordinate and staff flu clinics and blood drives; staff biometric screenings and other wellness activity events
- Communicate programs and services via email, flyer, website, and social media, and maintain email distribution lists.
- Support administration for FitCity members and other Benefit and Wellbeing programs, to include ensuring eligibility for City Fitness facility access and compliance with facility and program policies and regulations.
- Provide instruction in safe and proper use of facilities and equipment. Independently resolves day to day problems as they arise; assist supervisor with resolving major issues.
- Respond to emergency situations as required, administering first- aid and CPR, and contacting emergency medical authorities immediately.
- Actively support and respect diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- May lead fitness and wellness classes as needed and dependent on the qualifications of the successful candidate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience in recreation programming, teaching, physical/ wellness education, or as a fitness specialist, instructor, physical/ wellness education, or as a fitness specialist, instructor, or manager, or a relative field.
- Experience working with a local government and/or public agency is desirable but not required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in the program area or a related field.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- For example, we will consider two additional years of directly related experience above the minimum in place of the training requirements in order to make this role more accessible.
License or Certificate:
- Current national personal training or group fitness certification, such as NASM, ACE, CSCS, AFFA, or ISSA required or have ability to obtain within 30 days if hire.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain this within 30 days of hire.
- Must pass background check.
- Must be able to travel between locations within the city.
Please submit resume for immediate consideration. All inquiries kept strictly confidential.